Monday, May 12, 2008

Herring Hotel Building



I recently had the opportunity to take a tour of the Herring Hotel building in downtown Amarillo.  It was an incredible building, so I thought I'd share some of my pictures.  Only a few, though, because uploading pictures on this thing is difficult for some reason.

This one was taken in the basement.  There was no power, so the only light in this shot was the flash on my camera.  Not bad, huh!








This picture was taken from the roof of the Hotel.  As a side note, Royal Glass did all of the glass on this building.











This is a switch panel in the elevator penthouse.  I'm pretty sure that this is the panel that tells the elevator when to stop and when to open/close the doors.  That's Dad on the left.

1 comment:

Vance said...

We need to post your pictures of the lobby and some of the other floors.

Next time we get together, remind me to show you how to manipulate the pictures...